Are you among the majority of people who rev up with stress this time of the year?
If I told you that the holidays don’t create stress, would you believe me? Maybe or maybe not.
However, this is true!
The holidays don’t create stress. WE DO!
Consider the fact that stress amplifies when you:
- Pressurize yourself by over-doing, over-spending or over-indulging.
- Fuel anxiety by worrying about how things will turn out.
- Create expectations of how your family and friends need to show up in order for you to be comfortable.
- Obligate yourself rather than do what works for you.
- Fail to ask for the support you need.
- Refuse to set boundaries with yourself and others.
Consider implementing these strategies to decrease your stress level during the holidays:
1. View the holidays as a time of connection, celebration and gratitude.
2. Respect friends and family exactly as they are. Wishing people to be different than they are is a waste of precious vitality. And, who are we to judge how others ‘should’ be anyway?
3. Plan to show up as a Blessing. Meet every situation by asking yourself, “How can I offer my love and support here?”
4. Set personal boundaries around your time.
5. Simplify each day by releasing routine tasks to make space to manage the extra festivities.
6. Make a budget and stick to it.
7. Take extra downtime to regenerate your batteries on a daily basis.
I hope you’ll join me and the Peace Tribe this busy holiday season. We’ll all be extra mindful of our attitude and choices so we can truly share the Peace.
P.S. Do you want to access more of the Peace that is already inside of you?
BREAK OUT with me January 1.
If you are ready for your next step in Raising Your State, you won’t want to miss this burst of bright light coming your way.